NetSim Client (installs locally):
- Processor: i3 equivalent or above
- Disk: Min 3 GB of free space
- RAM: Min - 4GB RAM. Recommended - 8 GB
- Graphics: Monitor resolution, Min 1024*768 Min. Optimal Scale and Layout setting - 100%
- Operating system:
- Win 8, Win 10, Win server 2012, 2016 and 2018. Language: English.
- Recommended: Win 10, 64 Bit
- Administrative rights required for installation
- Software: MS Office 2013 or above, Adobe Reader
- Development Tools: MS Visual Studio -- Community Edition or Higher
- NetSim v8 / v9 -- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 is required for writing and debugging custom code
- NetSim v10 / v11 -- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (or Higher) is required for writing and debugging custom code
- NetSim v12 -- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019
License Server (for running HostID/Dongle locked floating licenses, not applicable for node locked licenses):
Any one system will have to be made as the license server, and it is to this PC that the dongle will be connected. The dongle is a USB device which controls the licensing. Any PC can act as a server and the system (hardware / OS) requirements is same as that applicable for NetSim clients. USB Port is required for connecting and running the dongle.
Client systems should be able to communicate with license server through the network.
Education customers note - please keep this system out of reach of students since they might misplace the dongle.