- User modified parameters will not reflect in newly dropped devices: After dropping nodes on the environment, modification of protocols/ global properties (like Physical Layer parameters, Data Link Layer parameters and others) in one node will reflect in all other nodes. However, after modification, if any new node is dropped, the modifications will not reflect in the newly dropped nodes. Solution: After dropping new nodes, open the properties of any previously dropped wireless node and click accept.
- Device properties does not revert to default values: User modifies the default values in a parameter, which is exclusive to a specific protocol/codec, and then changes the protocol/codec using the provided combo box. If the user reverts the combo box value again to the old protocol/codec, then the modified parameter values will be shown instead of the default ones.
- Running Application between unconnected nodes:Users can create multiple isolated networks in NetSim. But if an application is set having source as a node of an isolated network and destination as a node of another isolated network, NetSim may crash or calculate NIL application throughput.
- RIP Hop count: As per RIP routing protocol, the maximum number of hops/routers it can work from one end to another is 16. But in NetSim, RIP protocol can work across more than 16 routers.
- Default gateway can’t be empty: When user manually provides a value in the blank “Default Gateway” parameter in any device, then it cannot be made blank again, which in turn may lead NetSim to crash. Users should not enter any value in blank “default gateway” field in UI.
- Packet size limit in TDMA (Military Radio):High packet sizes will lead to zero throughputs.
- Max Packet Size = (Time_Slot_Block_Size*Slot_Duration*Data_Rate) / 8 where SLOT_DURATION is in millisecond and DATA_RATE = 25kbps.
- If a Network Scenario is created in WLAN which runs a Broadcast application and RTS threshold value is set less than 1480, the simulation will crash.
- Users cannot enable radio range when the network is created in map view.
- If the link name is left empty, then the simulation will crash.
- In CR networks, if incumbent is placed at the end of the grid, in packet animation the incumbent may move out of the grid.
- In WSN, if sensors are placed at the edge of the grid environment and multiple agents are configured with high velocity (> 50 m/s), then simulation may crash.
- If you remove connections between a Wired node to Switch and a Switch to Router, and establish the link between Wired Node to Switch again, IP address of the Wired node may be wrongly configured as to 300.300.300.1 which leads to simulation crash.
- If an existing scenario is opened in DTDMA and new nodes are dropped, parameters will be changed. Hence users must take care to reset Link Layer Ack to Network Layer Ack.
- Wireless link is wrongly established in MANET: When you open a network scenario which is created in MANET with map view, Wireless link will be wrongly established between Wireless nodes.
- Minstrel rate adapation algorithm leads to crash: 802.11 ac crashes, when Rate adaptation algorithm is chosen as Minstrel.
- In the workaround provided, Minstel can either run in HT Mode (n/ac) or in normal mode (a/b/g). A combination of access points running n/ac and a/b/g will lead to a crash
- VANETs (IEEE 1609) will show zero throughput when running 802.11n or 802.11 ac in MAC/PHY
- NetSim - SUMO interfacing for VANETs may not work in Win 7 SP1
- VANET_EX1 config file, throws error in console during simulation
- In NetSim Home Screen, “Knowledge base”, "Raise a ticket" & "Youtube" links do not work only for the first time when NetSim is run.
- COAP application throughput is always zero if beacon mode is enabled in IOT
- VANET may not work if NetSim is installed silently
- Device real IP & Destination real IP validation is not perfect in Multicast & Broadcast emulation
- In IOT, if we enable radio range for one wireless device it is gets enabled for all the remaining wireless devices
- LTE network (LTE-A, D2D, FEMTOCELL) simulations crash if we run the scenario without UEs
- In multiple MANETs if Users run simulation with two wired nodes NetSim should display error message as "Network connectivity is not valid". But instead simulations starts off and crashes.
List of known issues in NetSim v10.2 Print
Modified on: Fri, 22 Jun, 2018 at 4:46 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.