The following tools must be installed in your system in order to load a SUMO configuration file via New->VANET:
Note: These tools are bundled with NetSim installer and are normally installed during NetSim installation.
- Check if SUMO is installed in your system. SUMO normally gets installed in the C drive along with NetSim.
- Check if Python 2.7.6 and Python 2.7 pywin32-220 (Python 3.7.4 and Python 3.7 pywin32-224 for Netsim v12 and v13.0)are installed in your PC from the control panel.
Both Python and pywin32 are required for VANET simulations to happen successfully. This is essential for interfacing NetSim with SUMO which is a python based road traffic simulator.
- Uninstall any other versions of Python already installed in the system to avoid conflict.
- It is always recommended to run VANET simulations in Admin mode, preferably under the Administrator user account.
- The version of SUMO (0.25 or higher) and Python (2.7 or higher) may vary based on the version of NetSim that you have installed.