What are the known issues with COAP in NetSim v12?
Created by: NetSim SUPPORT TEAM
Modified on: Wed, 18 Aug, 2021 at 3:01 PM
|Applicable Versions||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro||NetSim Acad|
- COAP MULTICAST RESPONSE parameter which can be set to TRUE or FALSE is not implemented.
- MULTICAST COAP is not supported
- COAP ACK Required parameter if set to true leads to a simulation crash.
- COAP message format is different for UDP and TCP.
- NetSim uses a common message format.
- Implementations in NetSim are as per RFC 7252 (2014)
- New RFC 8323 has specifications of COAP over TCP (2018) has not been implemented
- COAP message format is not accessible in Wireshark capture. It only displays dummy payload in data
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.