|Applicable Versions||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro|
Pre-requisites and settings to be done:
- Open-flow protocol should be enabled in the Application layer of the devices which are configured as SDN Controller or SDN clients.
- SDN Controller name should be specified in the SDN Client device's Application layer properties.
- TCP should be enabled in the SDN controller and client devices.
- Interactive simulation needs to be enabled in the Run Simulation window prior to starting the simulation.
Reasons for no response when executing and SDN command in the SDN Controller console:
- SDN Controller and SDN client are unable to communicate (not reachable).
- Part of two different networks
- Due to the distance between the devices in case of wireless nodes
- Failed TCP connection attempts due to high error or collision
- Commands for Controller to the client and response from the client to the controller are passed as TCP packets.
- The TCP connection attempt fails if the maximum connection attempt is reached.
- High network traffic due to application packets exchanged during the simulation
- Connectivity between the SDN controller and clients should be ensured.
- Application start time can be increased to allow necessary SDN commands to be executed prior to application traffic flow which will also avoid contention especially in case of Wireless devices.
- SDN commands can be passed as input via file-based interactive simulation for higher accuracy in terms of time at which the commands are to be executed.