|Applicable Versions||NetSim Academic||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro|
Let us consider the following Network Scenario with four wireless nodes with all properties set to default:
The Configuration.xml file can be obtained by saving the scenario after simulation. The Configuration file for the above scenario will look like the following:
You can find the total device count in the device configuration tag, which will be 4 in this case.
Followed by this is the Device property of each device, which starts with a <DEVICE> tag and ends with a </DEVICE> tag.
By default all four Wireless Nodes will have its unique:
1. Device Name
2. Device ID
3. IP Address and
4. MAC Address
5. X, Y Coordinates
To add a node to the Network Scenario via Configuration file:
1. Make a copy of the saved Configuration.xml file as a backup and open it in visual studio.
2. Modify the total device count in the device configuration, to 5.
3. Copy the device properties of device 1 and paste it just before the </DEVICE_CONFIGURATION> tag.
4. Modify the device id, IP address, mac address and the X, Y coordinates.
5. Modify the link device count to 5.
6. Add a DEVICE INTERFACE tag for the newly added device, under the link tag, similar to the already existing entries. Specify the device name as per the name was given to the newly added device.
<DEVICE INTERFACE_ID="1" NAME="Wireless Node D"/>
<DEVICE INTERFACE_ID="1" NAME="Wireless Node B"/>
<DEVICE INTERFACE_ID="1" NAME="Wireless Node C"/>
<DEVICE INTERFACE_ID="1" NAME="Wireless Node A"/>
Save the Configuration file and open it using NetSim by going to Open simulation->import experiment.
7. The scenario now looks similar to the following, with a newly added Wireless Node.
Similarly, multiple nodes can be added to the Network Scenario using the Configuration file.