|Applicable Versions||NetSim Academic||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro|
NetSim supports the following IEEE802.11 standards
1. 802.11b, the channel bandwidth is 20MHz. Provides 11 Mbps transmission (with a fallback to 5.5, 2, and 1-Mbps) in the 2.4 GHz band.
2. 802.11a, the channel bandwidth is 20MHz. Provides up to 54-Mbps in the 5GHz band.
3. 802.11g, the channel bandwidth is 20MHz. Provides up to 54-Mbps in the 2.4 GHz bands.
4. 802.11n, the channel bandwidth is 20, 40MHz. Builds upon previous 802.11 standards by adding multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO).
5. 802.11ac, the channel bandwidth is 20, 40, 80, 160MHz. Operates only in the 5 GHz frequency range and
features support for wider channels (80MHz and 160MHz) and beamforming capabilities.
Users can choose between these standards in the Wireless Node properties as shown below: