Unattended installation of NetSim can be performed via command line by passing a few additional arguments to the executable (.exe) as shown below.
i. /silent=1 : will install all Third party softwares silently
ii. /S : will Install NetSim itself Silently
Follow the steps give below to install NetSim silently:
- Open Command prompt and change the current directory to the path where NetSim software setup (.exe) is present.
- To the exe pass run-time arguments /S and /silent=1 as illustrated below:
- NetSim installation along with the associated third party tools may take up to 10 minutes.
- In-order to verify whether the installation is complete:
- Once NetSim shortcut is created in the desktop, right click on it and select "Open file location". This will take you to <NetSim_Install_Direcory>/bin folder.
- Go to the previous directory that is <NetSim_Install_Direcory> and check if uninstaller (uninst.exe) has got created.
- Else wait till it gets created.
- Double click on NetSim shortcut created in the desktop to start NetSim.
- Installation can be considered successful if the NetSim License Screen, asking for NetSim License Server IP address is displayed as shown below:
- This feature is available from NetSim v10 onwards.
- NetSim silent installer skips installation of the following third party tools which does not support silent installation:
- Python 2.7 pywin32-220 (Required for interfacing NetSim with SUMO)
- WinPcap (Required for Wireshark to perform packet capture from the network interfaces available in the system.
- Users can manually install the third party tools skipped by the silent installer to utilize the features provided by these tools. Following links will be of use for this purpose:
Python 2.7 pywin32-220 32bit: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build%20220/pywin32-220.win32-py2.7.exe
WinPcap Installer: https://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_4_1_3.exe