|Applicable Versions||NetSim Academic||NetSim Standard||NetSim Pro|
The technical explanation on why packets received are more than packets sent is as follows
1. This is being measured as part of our UDP protocol metrics in layer 4 in the source and in the destination.
2. Let us say UDP protocol at source node A sends a datagram. At the MAC - WLAN sends the frame and starts a retransmission timer.
3. If Ack is not received within this time period it would initiate a re-transmission (consider cases where the WLAN Ack has a collision or is errored)
4. As the destination MAC (WLAN) layer would send up to UDP both the first packet it received and the re-transmitted packet it received.
5. UDP protocol in the destination would count both the packets received